Those pesky bedbugs are hard to get rid of. The MTA can tell you all about it as once again they have appeared to cause more trouble.
The latest coming on Monday afternoon when a N train was taking out of service at DeKalb Ave after a conductor asked for medical assistance after being bitten by one. Here is more courtesy of a Pete Donohue story from the New York Daily News:
A conductor on an N train reported being bitten Monday by some unwanted riders — bedbugs, sources said.
The train was taken out of service Monday afternoon at the DeKalb Ave. station and the conductor requested medical attention, sources said. Since Friday, there have been bedbug sightings for other trains on the N, Q and No. 6 lines, sources said.
An MTA spokesman had no immediate comment on the latest series of bed-bug sightings. Officials previously down played the significance of the parasites being on a relatively tiny number of trains in the system.
Click here for the complete story.
From what I have heard & read, it seems a good percentage of people are wanting the MTA to do something about the problem. While I am sure the agency is doing what it can to handle the issue within their system, it is only so much they can do.
In a city with millions of people to go along with an increase of bedbug sightings throughout the city, it was only a matter of time before this became an issue on the subway. To be honest, I am surprised it took this long for it to start becoming one.
xoxo Transit Blogger