Starting this Monday. MTA NYC Transit’s FASTRACK program will be returning to the Queens Boulevard corridor. Here are the complete details:
On Monday, March 30, MTA New York City Transit’s FASTRACK program returns to the EFMR lines in Manhattan and Queens for two consecutive weeks. Beginning Monday, March 30, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., for four consecutive weeknights, and from Monday, April 6, to early Friday morning, April 10, E service will be suspended between Roosevelt Av and World Trade Center. F service will be suspended between Roosevelt Av and 21 St-Queensbridge. M service will end early between 71 Av and Essex St each night. R service will end early between 71 Av and 36 St in Brooklyn each night.
How trains will operate:
• E service will operate in Queens between Jamaica Center and 74 St/Roosevelt Av.
• M service ends early between 71 Av and Essex St. M shuttle service between Metropolitan Av and Myrtle Av will run all night.
• R service ends early between 71 Av and 36 St in Brooklyn. R shuttle service will run all night in Brooklyn between 95 St and 36 St.
• F service will operate in two sections as follows:
Between Jamaica-179 St and 74 St-Roosevelt Av.
Between Coney Island-Stillwell Av and 21 St-Queensbridge.
• Take the 7 between Manhattan and 74 St-Roosevelt Av or Queensboro Plaza.
• Take the N between Manhattan and Queensboro Plaza.
• In Manhattan, transfer at 5 Av/42 St-Bryant Pk 7F, Times Sq-42 St/Port Authority 7ACN, and 34 St-Herald Sq FN.
• In Manhattan along 8 Avenue, take the A Local or C instead of the E.
• Along 53 St, use the D or nearby 6 and N stations instead.
• Free shuttle buses run local between Queensboro Plaza and 74 St-Roosevelt Av making station stops at Queens Plaza, 36 St, Steinway St, 46 St, Northern Blvd, and 65 St.
• In Queens, transfer between shuttle buses and trains at 74 St-Roosevelt Av 7EF or Queensboro Plaza 7N.
xoxo Transit Blogger