MTA NYC Transit’s FASTRACK program will be returning to the & in Manhattan next week. Here are the details:
MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK to the AC lines in upper Manhattan for two consecutive weeks. Beginning Monday, November 9, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., for four consecutive weeknights, and from Monday, November 16, to early morning Friday, November 20, A trains are suspended in both directions between 168 St and Inwood-207 St. 1 trains, Special M4 buses and free shuttle buses provide alternate service. C service will end early each night.
• Free shuttle buses operate on Broadway between 168 St and Inwood-207 St, stopping at 175 St, 181 St, 190 St, and Dyckman St.
• Free shuttle buses run between the Dyckman St A and 1 stations.
• For service to/from A stations at Inwood-207 St and Dyckman St, use nearby 1 stations instead, or free shuttle buses.
• For service to/from A stations at 190 St, 181 St, and 175 St, use the 1 or take special M4 buses instead.
• Transfer between A and 1 trains special M4 and free shuttle buses at the 168 St station.
• A local service at C stations will begin early each night.
Joseph Leader, Senior Vice President for the Department of Subways, said, “FASTRACK has proven to have a significant impact on decreasing delays – both in terms of consolidating maintenance forces in a concentrated area and in terms of proactive maintenance that improves service delivery.”
FASTRACK has been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_A.htm
xoxo Transit Blogger