Next week will mark the first time the MTA brings its FASTRACK to the . Here are the complete details via press release:
On Monday, January 13, for the first time, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK to the 1 line in Upper Manhattan. 1 service will be suspended between 96 St and Dyckman St from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, January 13 to early Friday morning, January 17. 1 train service will operate in two sections:
1. Between 242 St and Dyckman St. (Dyckman St-bound 1 trains skip 207 St.)
2. Between South Ferry and the 148 St station on the 3 line. (1 trains are rerouted via the 3 line between 96 St and 148 St.)
Travel alternatives: Take A trains and free shuttle buses
1. To/From the Bronx, transfer between the 1 and the A at Dyckman St.
2. To/From South Ferry, transfer between the 1 and the A at 59 St-Columbus Circle.
3. For 1 stations in Washington Heights, Harlem, and the Upper West Side, use nearby A stations along Ft Washington Av, St Nicholas Av, and Central Park West, and/or take free shuttle buses at 1 stations.
4. Transfer between free shuttle buses and trains at Dyckman St 1 A, 168 St (A only), and 96 St 1.
Free shuttle buses operate on three routes:
1. Along Broadway between the 96 St 1 and 168 St A stations, making stops at 103 St, 110 St, 116 St, 125 St, 137 St, 145 St, and 157 St.
2. Along St Nicholas Av between the 168 St A and the 191 St 1 stations, making stops at 181 St and 191 St.
3. Dyckman St loop between A and 1 stations.
xoxo Transit Blogger