Here is the service information for President’s Day:
Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) trains and buses will operate on special schedules in observance of Presidents’ Day on Monday.
New York City Subways and Buses:
On Monday, February 18, President’s Day, the New York City Subway and buses operated by MTA New York City Transit and the MTA Bus Company will operate on a Saturday schedule.
Planned Service changes for Monday, February 18:
• The 5 train will operate only as a shuttle in the Bronx, between Dyre Avenue and East 180th Street.
• 7 weekend work is extended through Monday; 7 trains operate only between Flushing-Main Street and Queensboro Plaza.
• Q service will be extended to Astoria due to the 7 shutdown. (From 7 a.m. to 9 p.m., Saturday, February 16, from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Sunday, February 17, and from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday, February 18, Q trains are extended to Ditmars Blvd. in order to augment service between Manhattan and Queens.)
• Other weekend track work diversions will extend through Monday. Details will be posted at www.mta.info.
As a reminder, on a Saturday schedule, these subway changes are in place:
• There is no express service on the 6 or 7.
• The B train does not operate; use the A, C, D or Q instead.
• M trains operate only between Myrtle Avenue (Broadway), Brooklyn, and Metropolitan Avenue, Queens.
• The Z train does not operate; use the J, which runs between Jamaica Center and Chambers Street.
To stay informed, refer to the Weekday and Weekend Service Change Directories posted in all subway stations. Visit our website at www.mta.info and click on “Planned Service Changes” and/or “Current Service Status.”
Long Island Rail Road:
On Presidents’ Day, Monday, February 18, MTA Long Island Rail Road will operate on a holiday schedule with three extra westbound trains and three extra eastbound trains on the Port Washington Branch and one extra westbound train on the Ronkonkoma Branch. In addition, selected trains will make additional stops. Off-peak fares will be in effect all day.
Click here for complete details.
On Presidents Day, Monday, February 18, MTA Metro-North Railroad will operate on a Saturday schedule. Hudson Rail Link, the Newburgh-Beacon Ferry and the Haverstraw-Ossining Ferry, will not operate.
Staten Island Railway:
On President’s Day, Monday, February 18, MTA Staten Island Railway will operate on a Sunday schedule. There will be no early Get Away schedule for the Friday before the holiday weekend.
xoxo Transit Blogger