MTA NYC Transit has just announced that service on the & is suspended between Manhattan & Queens. Also changes are happening for service. Here are the details:
Due to rail conditions south of Queensboro Plaza on the NQ Lines and south of 5 Av on the NQR Lines, Broadway Line service between Queens and Manhattan is affected during the afternoon rush hour today, Tuesday, January 5. Customers traveling between Manhattan and Brooklyn should expect delays in both directions. Customers should note the following:
• No NQ service between Queens and Manhattan in both directions. Customers should take the 7 and transfer to a shuttle train service at Queensboro Plaza.
• There is no southbound service at Lexington-59 St or 5 Av. Customers at Lexington Av-59 St should take the 456. Customers also can walk to 5 Av-53 St and the E to 42 St and transfer to the NQ, or take the M and transfer to the NQ at 34 St-Herald Sq.
• Manhattan-bound R trains are running on the F line between 36 St in Queens and W4 St. R service runs express to 59 St-4 Av in Brooklyn, then local to Bay Ridge-95 St.
• Customers traveling from Manhattan to Brooklyn R stations should take the N for stations between Court St and 53 St.
• Delays are expected on northbound NQR service, as well as Brooklyn-bound BDF service.
xoxo Transit Blogger