Here is the latest info for Metro-North Railroad Hudson line commuters who lost service due to a freight train derailment in the vicinity of Spuyten Duyvil station:
Hudson Line Service Alert: Hudson Line Service will remain suspended until further notice due to a freight train derailment in the vicinity of Spuyten Duyvil station.
For the remainder of the evening, bus service will operate between Marble Hill and Ludlow Stations, where customers will be able to connect with shuttle train service.
For Friday AM Peak Service, customers are strongly recommended to make alternate service plans.
• Customers are urged to use the Harlem Line for points of travel north and south. Hudson Line tickets will be honored on the Harlem Line and Metro-North Hudson Line parking permits will be honored at Harlem Line parking facilities operated by LAZ.
• For southbound service, reduced train service will operate between Poughkeepsie and Yonkers stations only and connect with shuttle bus service to Van Cortlandt Park—242 Street for southbound No. 1 Subway service.
• For northbound service between Yonkers and Poughkeepsie stations only, customers should take the No. 7 Shuttle from Grand Central to Times Square for No. 1 Subway Service to Van Cortlandt Park—242 Street Bus service will operate to Yonkers Station and connect with reduced train service to Poughkeepsie.
• A special schedule to/from Yonkers and Poughkeepsie stations will be posted on this website early Friday morning.
• Customers between Riverdale and Yankees-E.153rd Street stations are urged to use NYCT subway and/or bus service. Ludlow customers should use Yonkers Station.
• The Hudson Rail Link bus service at Riverdale and Spuyten Duyvil stations also will bring customers to the No. 1 Subway.
NYC Transit will be cross honoring Metro-North tickets.
xoxo Transit Blogger