Residents of Long Island are not looking forward to anymore snow coming down. Even though it will be nothing like last weekend’s storm, it is an unwelcome site. The LIRR will be trying to aid residents get home ahead of the storm by providing extra eastbound service this afternoon. Here are the details via the release I just received:
MTA Long Island Rail Road will operate eight additional afternoon eastbound trains today (Wednesday, February 13) to accommodate customers who may wish to head home early in anticipation of the coming winter storm.
The extra trains will supplement the LIRR regular off-peak service. The eight additional trains will depart from Penn Station between 2:09 PM and 3:48 PM on the Babylon, Port Jefferson, Port Washington and Far Rockaway Branches. Also, a regularly scheduled train from Huntington destined for Port Jefferson will originate instead from Jamaica at 1:46 PM.
Here is a list of the trains being added to the schedule.
• A 2:32 PM departure from Penn Station due in Babylon at 3:45 PM, running express to Lynbrook and then all local stops to Babylon.
• A 3:00 PM departure from Penn Station due in Babylon at 4:12 PM with stops at Jamaica and Rockville Centre and then all local stops to Babylon.
• A 3:31 PM departure from Penn Station due in Babylon at 4:39 PM, running express to Rockville Centre and then all local stops to Babylon
Port Jefferson Branch:
• The train that normally originates at Huntington at 2:50 PM bound for Port Jefferson, will instead originate at 1:46 PM from Jamaica, making the Huntington stop at 2;50 PM and all stops to Port Jefferson, arriving at 3:37 PM.
• A 2:08 PM departure from Penn Station due in Huntington at 3:09 PM with stops at Jamaica and Carle Place and then all local stops to Huntington
• A 2:29 PM departure from Penn Station due in Huntington at 3:35 PM with stops at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park and then all local stops to Huntington.
• A 3:24 PM departure from Penn Station due in Hicksville at 4:05 PM with stops at Jamaica, Mineola Westbury and Hicksville.
Port Washington Branch:
• A 3:40 PM departure from Penn Station due in Great Neck at 4:15 PM with stops at Woodside, Flushing Main St. and then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch:
• A 3:48 PM departure from Penn Station due in Far Rockaway at 4:43 PM running express to Locust Manor and then all stops to Far Rockaway
xoxo Transit Blogger