Sorry for being quiet the last few hours. I was outside cleaning up my driveway & the front of my house. Anyhow, just a couple of minutes ago, I received a press release from the LIRR in which they anticipate normal PM rush hour service:
The LIRR is planning to operate a normal evening rush hour schedule, though due to the effects of the storm, three train cancellations and one partial cancellation, will be necessary. On the East End, train service will remain suspended east of Speonk on the Montauk Branch and east of Ronkonkoma on the Main Line to Greenport until the tracks can be cleared. Restoration of train service between Speonk and Montauk is anticipated after tonight’s evening rush hour.
The canceled trains include:
Port Jefferson Branch:
• The 5:29 PM from Atlantic Terminal to due to arrive in Huntington at 6:28 PM.
• The 5:29 PM train from Hunterspoint Avenue to Ronkonkoma will instead originate at Jamaica Station at 5:47 PM. Buses replace trains between Ronkonkoma and Greenport.
Oyster Bay Branch:
• The 6:00 PM train from Jamaica scheduled to arrive in Oyster Bay at 6:58 PM.
• The 6:13 PM train from Jamaica scheduled to arrive in Montauk at 9:07 PM.
• Buses replace trains between Speonk and Montauk
xoxo Transit Blogger