MTA NYC Transit’s FASTRACK will be returning to the & in Brooklyn next week. Here are the details:
On Monday, May 5, MTA New York City Transit’s FASTRACK program returns to the A C lines in Brooklyn. AC service will be suspended between Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights, from Monday, May 5 to early Friday morning, May 9. C service ends early each night. Free shuttle buses and JL trains provide alternate service.
Joseph Leader, Senior Vice President for the Department of Subways, said, “Our FASTRACK efforts have been highly successful in repairing and maintaining a subway system that provides a better work environment for employees and improves train service reliability for our customers.”
During our previous FASTRACK on the AC lines in February 2014, New York City Transit repair and maintenance crews took full advantage of the uninterrupted seven-hour work window, and completed many tasks in the areas of track, signals, infrastructure, and station environment. They scraped and cleaned 5,360 linear feet of track, and installed 612 track tie plates. Signal workers tested and serviced 2 switches and 19 signals. At stations, workers replaced 8 platform signs, 348 light bulbs, primed 500 square feet of wall, and repaired 360 feet of rubbing board. Infrastructure worker’s repaired/replaced 190 feet of handrail, repaired 48 leaks and 53 feet of bench wall, cleaned 650 feet of drain line, and performed pump plant maintenance. This represents only a portion of what Transit workers are able to accomplish under the FASTRACK program.
During this FASTRACK A train service will operate in two sections:
1. Between Inwood-207 St and Jay St-MetroTech.
2. Between Broadway Junction and Lefferts Blvd or Far Rockaway/Mott Av.
J & L service is available between Manhattan and the Broadway Junction AJL station.
1. Transfer between A and J trains at Fulton St.
2. Transfer between A and L trains at 14 St/8 Av.
Free shuttle buses operate on two routes.
Transfer between A trains and free shuttle buses at Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction.
1. Local via Fulton Street between Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction making station stops at Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts, Lafayette Av, Clinton-Washington Avs, Franklin Av, Nostrand Av, Kingston-Throop Avs, Utica Av, Ralph Av, and Rockaway Av.
2. Express via Atlantic Avenue between Jay St-MetroTech and Broadway Junction making stops near Hoyt-Schermerhorn Sts, Nostrand Av, and Utica Av stations.
xoxo Transit Blogger