Starting this Monday & continuing until Friday, FASTRACK will be returning to Broadway which will effect service on the , & lines. Here are the complete details:
On Monday, April 15, MTA New York City Transit brings FASTRACK back to the N, Q and R Broadway line. There will be no N, Q or R service at Manhattan stations from 10 p.m. until 5 a.m. for four consecutive weeknights from Monday, April 15 to early Friday morning, April 19.
• N trains run in Queens and Brooklyn only.
• Q trains run in Brooklyn and are rerouted via the D line in Manhattan.
• R service ends early in Manhattan and Queens each night. (R shuttle service between 95th Street and 36th Street, Brooklyn runs all night.)
• In Queens, take the M (or E local) instead of the R.
• Take the 7 for service between Queens and Manhattan.
• In Manhattan, use nearby stations on the 8th Avenue (A, E), 7th Avenue (1, 2) 6th Avenue (D, F, Q) and Lexington Avenue (4, 6) Lines.
• Take the 2, 4, D, F or Q between Manhattan and Brooklyn.
• N trains make local R stops between Jay Street-MetroTech and 36th Street.
During the first FASTRACK shutdown along the 96 year-old Broadway Line in January, hundreds of maintenance workers inspected signals and switches, repaired and replaced track rails and cross ties, performed elevator and escalator repair work, cleared track drains and corrected third rail defects. They were also able to replace tunnel lights, station lights, tactile warning tiles and repair platform edges.
xoxo Transit Blogger