While most of the Rider Report Card coverage focuses on the subways, the opinions of bus riders is also a concern of MTA New York City Transit. Earlier today, I received a press release to share with my readers which was to announce that riders will now have the chance to rate local Manhattan bus routes. Here are the complete details:
MTA New York City Transit today announced that local bus customers in Manhattan will be given a second chance to rate their rides for the next three consecutive weeks when Rider Report Cards are once again distributed within many neighborhoods throughout the borough.
The distribution in Manhattan follows that in the Bronx, where approximately 44,000 cards were distributed through Friday, May 22nd. Manhattan bus customers will be able to rate various aspects of service such as “Reasonable wait times between buses,” “Seat availability,” “Smooth handling of bus,” “Courtesy of bus operators and dispatchers,” and “Reliability of wheelchair lifts.”
Report Cards will be distributed at key locations in Manhattan during the morning rush periods as follows:
• Tuesday, May 26 in Washington Heights
• Wednesday, May 27 on West 125th Street
• Thursday, May 28 on East 125th Street
• Monday, June 1 on East 86th Street
• Tuesday, June 2 on West 34th Street
• Wednesday, June 3 on East 34th Street
• Thursday, June 4 on West 14th Street
• Tuesday, June 9 on East 14th Street
• Wed., June 10 at Lexington Ave. on cross-town bus routes from 68th to 116th Sts.
• Thursday, June 11 at 8th Avenue on cross-town bus routes from 23rd to 57th Streets
• Friday, June 12 onboard the M8 and M22 buses
As before, riders are being asked to mark the route they ride, and then provide a letter grade – A through F or G for “not observed” – for each of the 20 different service attributes listed, as well as a grade for the overall performance of the route. Rider Report Cards will be issued in a self-mailer format.
Riders can also go on line, www.mta.info, to fill out report cards in English, Chinese and Spanish. The survey in Manhattan concludes distribution of the Rider Report Cards this second go round; the last day on-line and mail responses will be accepted is June 26.
xoxo Transit Blogger