Yesterday afternoon, the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) sent me a press release to announce that new timetables will go in effect on May 18th. Here are the complete details:
New MTA Long Island Rail Road timetables take affect starting Monday, May 18. The new schedules include adjustments to train service on various branches to allow track work and construction to be performed. The branches affected include: Long Beach, Far Rockaway, Hempstead, Oyster Bay, Port Jefferson, Port Washington and Ronkonkoma. Additionally, some trains – two peak and three off-peak – are being canceled.
Track Work and Construction Programs:
• Long Beach, Far Rockaway and Hempstead Branches: One of two tracks between Valley Stream and Island Park on the Long Beach Branch will be out of service midday weekdays for a track tie replacement program. Six eastbound midday Long Beach Branch trains will depart 26 minutes later, eight eastbound Far Rockaway Branch trains will depart up to 31 minutes later and seven Hempstead Branch trains (connecting at Jamaica) will depart up to 30 minutes later.
• Main Line (including Ronkonkoma, Port Jefferson, Oyster Bay and Montauk trains): One of two tracks will be out of service midday weekdays for renewal work on the Covert Avenue grade crossing in New Hyde Park. Affected trains will operate up to 13 minutes later.
• Port Washington Branch: One of two tracks will be out of service between the Mets-Willets Point and Bayside Stations to allow for third rail protection board replacement and retaining wall maintenance. Twelve midday weekday eastbound trains will depart ten minutes earlier and twelve midday weekday westbound trains will have operate five minutes earlier.
• Port Jefferson Branch: One of two tracks will be out of service on weekends to accommodate renewal work at the Oakwood Road grade crossing in Syosset. Eastbound trains to Huntington will depart between three minutes earlier and one minute later and westbound trains from Huntington will depart up to seven minutes earlier.
Other Service Revisions:
• Hempstead Branch: The 7:23 AM train from Hempstead to Flatbush Avenue is canceled. Hempstead, Country Life Press, Garden City, Nassau Blvd. and Stewart Manor customers will have service available 11 minutes earlier or 13 minutes later. Stops will be added to the 7:26 AM train from East Williston to accommodate Queens Village customers at 7:42 AM and Hollis customers at 7:44 AM.
• Babylon Branch: The 4:21 PM train from Penn Station making stops at Rockville Centre, Baldwin and Freeport is canceled. These stops will be added to the 4:12 PM train from Penn Station. Customers can also take the 4:32 PM train from Penn Station and change at Jamaica for service to Rockville Centre, Baldwin and Freeport.
• Montauk Branch: The 10:29 PM train from Babylon to Patchogue and the 12:39 AM train from Babylon to Speonk are canceled. The 11:27 PM train from Patchogue to Babylon is canceled. Service will be available one hour earlier or one hour later to all affected stations.
• Freeport Summer Service: Weekend eastbound morning summer service that is usually added to accommodate Jones Beach customers will not operate this year. These trains also served as connections to Montauk service in Jamaica that will be accommodated by existing Babylon Branch trains from Penn Station.
xoxo Transit Blogger