Just a short time ago, MTA Long Island Railroad (LIRR) announced it will run extra trains for the start of the upcoming Labor Day Weekend. Here are the complete details courtesy of the press release sent out:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will be providing additional service for customers getting an early start on the Labor Day Weekend on Friday, September 4. There will be eight additional eastbound trains from Penn Station between 2:02 PM and 3:48 PM. The extra service will include: three trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one on the Port Washington Branch and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
The extra trains from Penn Station on Friday, September 4 are as follows:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington:
• 2:02 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place and all stops to Huntington
• 2:22 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
• 2:25 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck:
• 3:40 PM stopping Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Cars will also be added to selected regularly scheduled trains.
Labor Day, Monday, September 7:
On Monday, September 7, the LIRR will operate on a Sunday schedule.
xoxo Transit Blogger