I apologize for not posting this sooner. The summer months see a big spike in ridership on the Montauk line due to riders going out to Hamptons for the weekend. With so much service being affected due to the fire at a major switching tower near Jamaica Station on Monday, it is safe to assume riders wondered if their Montauk service would be affected.
Yesterday afternoon, the LIRR put those fears to rest as they announced that service would be running albeit with some connection modifications. Here are the details courtesy of the press release I received:
Long Island Rail Road Montauk Branch customers traveling to the East End this Thursday and Friday will be able to take their regular trains as repairs continue on the key switch tower just east of Jamaica damaged by fire earlier this week. Customers should be aware that there may be track changes in Jamaica due to the continuing repair work. Customers are urged to listen for station announcements for information.
Following is the scheduled Montauk Branch East End service:
Thursday (August 26) & Friday (August 27):
• Friday Only – Depart Hunterspoint Avenue at 1:57 PM, arrive Montauk at 4:45 PM..
• Depart Hunterspoint Avenue at 4:06 PM, arrive Montauk at 6:48 PM.
• Depart Hunterspoint Avenue at 4:30 PM, arrive Montauk at 7:35 PM.
• Friday Only – Depart NY at 5:09 PM arrive Montauk at 8:29 PM.
• Depart Jamaica at 6:17 PM, arrive Montauk at 9:07 PM.
• Friday Only – Depart Jamaica at 7:38 PM, arrive Montauk at 10:10 PM.
• Depart Jamaica at 8:53 PM, arrive Montauk at 11:57 PM.
xoxo Transit Blogger