I apologize for not getting to these entries sooner. To say things have been hectic around here would be a huge understatement. Anyhow, let me post the LIRR press release they e-mailed me a few days ago. The release was to announce that the Long Island Rail Road would be providing extra service for Passover & Good Friday. Here are the complete details:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will operate eight additional eastbound trains from Penn Station, between 2:22 PM and 3:48 PM, for customers leaving work early in observance of Passover, April 8 & 9, and Good Friday, April 10. Each of these days, there will be three additional trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, and one each on the Far Rockaway and Port Washington Branches.
The extra, afternoon service from Penn Station follows:
• 2:22 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Jefferson Branch:
• 2:09 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington.
• 2:26 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM stopping at Jamaica, Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
Port Washington Branch:
• 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
xoxo Transit Blogger