With the Independence Day (July 4th) holiday weekend right around the corner, the MTA has released service plan information for it. Here is the Long Island Railroad’s (LIRR) plan via its press release:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early-afternoon service from Penn Station on Friday, July 1 for customers planning an early getaway for the start of the Independence Day holiday.
The LIRR will be operating on a weekend schedule on July 2nd and 3rd and a Sunday/holiday schedule on July 4th.
Please note that the additional Sunday afternoon Montauk Branch westbound trains from Montauk and the Hamptons will not operate on Sunday, July 3, but instead operate on Monday, July 4. The regular Monday-only return train from Montauk and the Hamptons will not run on Monday, July 4, but instead will operate on Tuesday, July 5.
The extra early-afternoon trains will depart Penn Station starting at 2:10 PM on July 1. The extra service will include: three trains on the Port Jefferson Branch; three on the Babylon Branch; two on the Port Washington Branch; one on the Far Rockaway Branch, and two trains to Jamaica for Montauk train connections. The eastbound afternoon train from Ronkonkoma to Yaphank gets extended to Greenport on Friday, as it normally does on Fridays during the summer.
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Friday, July 1:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington:
● 2:10 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, then all stops to Huntington.
● 2:29 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
● 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
● 2:24 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
● 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
● 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck:
● 3:18 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Port Washington
● 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch:
● 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor then all stops to Far Rockaway.
Montauk Branch (Penn Station to Jamaica with Montauk Connections):
● 1:45 PM to Jamaica, with a Montauk train connection.
● 3:58 PM to Jamaica, with a Montauk train connection.
Ronkonkoma Branch to Greenport:
● The 5:21 PM train from Ronkonkoma to Yaphank is extended on Friday making all stops to Greenport.
xoxo Transit Blogger