As usual, the MTA Long Island Rail Road has plans for additional service prior to a major holiday. Here is the information for their plans for the upcoming July 4th holiday weekend courtesy of the press release they sent me:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early afternoon service from Penn Station for customers planning to leave work early on Friday, July 2 for the start of the Independence Day holiday.
The LIRR will be operating on a weekend schedule on July 3rd and 4th and a Sunday/holiday schedule on July 5th. Please note that the additional Sunday afternoon Montauk Branch westbound trains from Montauk and the Hamptons will not operate on July 4, but instead operate on July 5.
Eight extra trains will depart Penn Station between 2:03 PM and 3:48 PM on July 2. The extra service will include: three trains on the Port Jefferson Branch; three on the Babylon Branch; one on the Port Washington Branch to Great Neck; one on the Far Rockaway Branch as detailed below:
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Friday, July 2
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington:
• 2:03 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington.
• 2:31 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
• 2:23 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
• 2:48 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck:
• 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
Cars will also be added to some regularly scheduled eastbound trains as well as on some westbound trains on Monday, July 5.
xoxo Transit Blogger