The MTA’s Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) division issued a press release yesterday to highlight the implementation of timetable corrections to its current schedules. Here is the press release:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will implement corrections to its June 16- September 1, 2008 timetable effective Friday, June 27. The changes include schedule adjustments on three different off-peak weekday trains. In addition, some trains are being reclassified as off-peak trains and some trains will have platform changes. Revised timetables with the adjustments will be available in the near future.
The affected trains and their adjusted times are as follows:
Long Beach Branch
The 11:55 PM weekday train from Penn Station to Long Beach will depart 3 minutes later at 11:58 PM and is now scheduled to arrive in Long Beach at 12:55 AM.
The 2:56 PM weekday train from Long Beach to Penn Station will depart 6 minutes earlier at 2:50 PM and is now scheduled to arrive in Penn Station at 3:44 PM.
The 6:39 PM weekday train from Patchogue to Babylon will depart 9 minutes earlier at 6:30 PM and is now scheduled to arrive in Babylon at 7:03 PM.
The following trains are reclassified as off-peak trains:
* 8:33 AM weekday train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station
* 9:09 AM weekday train from Hicksville to Penn Station
* 3:50 PM weekday train from Jamaica to Oyster Bay
Huntington Station Customers
Following are the corrected platform assignments at Huntington for the affected trains:
* The 5:35 PM weekday train from Penn Station to Huntington will arrive on Platform B.
* The 5:48 PM weekday from Penn Station to Huntington will arrive on Platform A.
* The 7:10 PM weekday train from Huntington to Penn Station will depart from Platform A.
* The 7:18 AM weekday train from Huntington to Flatbush Avenue will depart from Platform A.
* The 7:22 AM weekday train from Huntington to Penn Station will depart from Platform B.
Ronkonkoma Branch Customers
Following are the corrected platform assignments affecting one Ronkonkoma Branch train:
The 6:50 PM weekday train from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will arrive Deer Park, Brentwood and Central Islip stations on Platform B and Ronkonkoma on Platform C.
For further travel information customers can contact the LIRR’s 24-hour Travel Information Center in Suffolk County at 631-231-LIRR, in Nassau County at 516-822-LIRR and in New York City at 718-217-LIRR. The Travel Information Center’s TDD number for the hearing impaired is 718-558-3022. Customers can also consult the LIRR’s website at www.mta.info.
xoxo Transit Blogger