As is to be expected, the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) will be running extra trains for the July 4th holiday. Here are the complete details courtesy of a press release they sent me this afternoon:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will provide additional early afternoon service from Penn Station for customers planning to leave work early on Thursday, July 2 and Friday, July 3 for the start of the Independence Day holiday. The three additional Hamptons/Montauk summer service trains that normally run on Fridays only will also operate on Thursday, July 2.
The LIRR will be operating on a regular Saturday schedule on July 4th.
Eight extra trains will depart Penn Station between 2:02 PM and 3:48 PM on July 2 & 3. The extra service will include: three trains on the Port Jefferson Branch; three on the Babylon Branch; one on the Port Washington Branch to Great Neck; one on the Far Rockaway Branch as detailed below:
Extra Train Service from Penn Station, Thursday, July 2 and Friday, July 3
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington:
• 2:02 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington.
• 2:22 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington.
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
• 2:25 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon.
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck:
• 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck.
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM stopping at Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
Extra Train Service to Hamptons/Montauk on Thursday, July 2 (These trains will also operate on Friday, July 3):
• 1:56 PM from Hunterspoint Avenue arriving Montauk at 4:45 PM. (A 1:53 PM train departs Penn Station to connect with this train at Jamaica.)
• 4:06 PM from Hunterspoint Avenue “The Cannonball” arriving Montauk at 6:48 PM. Hamptons Reserve Service will be offered on Thursday, July 2, and not on Friday, July 3. (A 3:58 PM train departs Penn Station to connect with this train at Jamaica.)
• 5:09 PM from Penn Station arriving Montauk at 8:29 PM. (A 5:12 PM train departs Hunterspoint Avenue to connect with this train at Jamaica.)
North Fork train extended on Thursday, July 3 and Friday, July 3:
• The 5:21 PM train from Ronkonkoma to Yaphank will be extended to operate to Greenport (arriving 6:45 PM) on July 2 & 3.
Cars will also be added to some regularly scheduled eastbound trains.
Saturday, July 4th:
On July 4th, the LIRR will operate on a regular Saturday schedule.
xoxo Transit Blogger