Within the past hour, the Long Island Rail Road (LIRR) issued a press release via e-mail. The press release was to announce the addition of 8 trains for tonight’s PM Rush hour due to the snowstorm. Here are the complete details:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will be adding eight additional eastbound trains from Penn Station this afternoon between 2:09 PM and 3:48 PM for customers leaving work early due to the snowstorm. The extra service includes: three trains on the Port Jefferson Branch, three on the Babylon Branch, one on the Port Washington Branch to Great Neck and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
The extra service is as follows:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington:
• 2:09 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington
• 2:26 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
• 2:22 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck:
• 3:40 PM stopping Woodside, Flushing-Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM express to Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
If you do not have to travel today, don’t!
xoxo Transit Blogger