I apologize for not posting this information earlier. With the recent fire at the Hall Tower east of Jamaica Station starting to distance itself in the rear view mirror in terms of effects on service, the LIRR as usual will be running extra service to start the Labor Day weekend. Here are the details courtesy of the release they sent me:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road will be providing additional service for customers getting an early start on the Labor Day Weekend on Friday, September 3. There will be eight additional eastbound trains from Penn Station between 2:02 PM and 3:48 PM. The extra service will include: three trains on the Babylon Branch, three on the Port Jefferson Branch, one on the Port Washington Branch and one on the Far Rockaway Branch.
The LIRR will be operating on a weekend schedule on Saturday, September 4th and Sunday, September 5th and a Sunday/holiday schedule on Monday, September 6th. Please note that the additional Sunday afternoon Montauk Branch westbound trains from Montauk and the Hamptons will not operate on September 5th, but instead operate on September 6th(Monday).
The extra trains from Penn Station on Friday, September 3 are as follows:
Port Jefferson Branch to Hicksville and Huntington:
• 2:03 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place and all stops to Huntington
• 2:31 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville
• 2:23 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
• 2:48 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
Port Washington Branch to Great Neck:
• 3:40 PM stopping Woodside, Flushing Main St., then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
Cars will also be added to selected regularly scheduled trains.
Labor Day, Monday, September 6:
On Monday, September 6, the LIRR will operate on a Sunday schedule.