I apologize for not posting this yesterday when I initially received the press release. As to be expected, the Long Island Rail Road is providing extra service & off peak fares for the Christmas holiday weekend. Here are the complete details:
The MTA Long Island Rail Road wishes its customers a safe, joyous and stress-free holiday season. Toward that end, the LIRR is offering an economical and convenient alternative to car travel this coming Christmas Holiday weekend by providing extra trains and discount fares.
Thirteen extra trains will depart Penn Station on Christmas Eve (Thursday, December 24) between 12:55 PM and 3:49 PM, and off-peak fares will be in effect for the entire weekend (December 25 through December 27). The deeply discounted Family Fare program will also be in effect throughout the weekend; up to four children ages 5-11 can ride off-peak trains for the advance purchase fare of 75-cents per child each way when accompanied by a fare-paying parent or guardian. Weekly and monthly ticket holders just pay for the kids. Children under 5 ride always ride free on the LIRR.
Following is the extra service for Thursday, December 24:
• 12:55 PM stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville and all stops to Ronkonkoma
• 1:58 PM stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola, Hicksville and all stops to Ronkonkoma
• 1:30 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 1:53 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 2:12 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 2:22 PM express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:00 PM stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• 3:31 PM express to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon
• The 5:59 PM from Penn Station to Babylon will not operate on Christmas Eve. Customers will be accommodated by the 6:05 PM from Penn Station, which will make all stops from Merrick to Babylon on Christmas Eve.
Port Jefferson Branch (to Huntington):
• 2:09 PM stopping at Jamaica, Carle Place, then all stops to Huntington
• 2:26 PM stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park, then all stops to Huntington
• 3:24 PM stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury, Hicksville
Port Washington Branch (to Great Neck):
• 3:40 PM stopping at Woodside, Flushing, then all stops to Great Neck
Far Rockaway Branch:
• 3:48 PM stopping at Locust Manor, Laurelton, Rosedale, Valley Stream, then all stops to Far Rockaway
The LIRR will operate on a weekend/holiday schedule Christmas Day (Friday, December 25).
xoxo Transit Blogger