Once again work on the Fulton Transit Center will lead to service diversions at the station for 3 of the 4 weekends in June. As it did last month, MTA NYC Transit is issuing a schedule of the work in advance. Here are the complete details courtesy of the press release they sent me earlier:
Due to ongoing construction of the Fulton Street Transit Center, the following service changes will be in effect for weekends in June:
• Queens-bound trains skip Broadway-Nassau Street. ( trains run on the line from West 4th Street to Jay Street)
• No service.
• No & service at Fulton Street.
• Normal Service
• trains bypass Broadway-Nassau St. in both directions.
• trains run between 168th Street and World Trade Center.
• No transfers between the , , , , & at Fulton Street/Broadway-Nassau St.
• No or service at Broadway-Nassau Street.
• No transfers between the , , , , & at Fulton Street/Broadway-Nassau Street.
MTA NYC Transit apologizes for any inconvenience to our customers. Service changes at Fulton Street-Broadway Nassau station complex will continue for most weekends through October. As weekends approach, customers should:
• Pick up brochures that detail alternate travel options
• Look for signs and service change posters in stations
• Visit the website at www.mta.info and click on “Planned Service Changes” and/or “Current Service Status”
• Sign up for free email or text message alerts at www.mta.info
• Follow changes on Twitter at nyctsubwayscoop
• Call Travel Information at 718-330-1234
The Fulton Street Transit Center:
Some of the work being done at Fulton Street/Broadway-Nassau during these weekends include reinforcing girders over the AC platform. There will also be elevator work, which consists of digging the pits on the AC platform and at least partially constructing the shafts up through all levels of the station.
For more information on the construction project itself, log on to www.mta.info. Once at the home page, click on Capital Construction (under “MTA Agency Links”), then click on Fulton Street Transit Center under Programs.