MTA NYC Transit has announced the FASTRACK schedule for the first quarter of 2016. Here are the details via the official press release:
MTA New York City Transit’s FASTRACK program is returning in January 2016. For the first time, this comprehensive subway maintenance program is coming to the 2 line in Brooklyn for two consecutive weeks. Beginning Tuesday, January 19, from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m., for four consecutive weeknights, and from Monday, January 25, to early morning Friday, January 29, 2 trains are suspended in both directions between Franklin Av and Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College. 3 service will end earlier than usual each night in Brooklyn. Take 2 or 4 trains instead. 2 service will operate between Wakefield-241 St and the Crown Hts-Utica Av 4 station in Brooklyn. Free shuttle buses provide alternate service.
• For service between Franklin Av and Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College, take free shuttle buses. Transfer between free shuttle buses and 23 trains at the Franklin Av station.
• 2 trains make all 3 line station stops between Chambers St and Crown Hts-Utica Av.
• 4 trains make all 3 line station stops between Nevins St and New Lots Av. 4 train service to New Lots Av will begin earlier than usual each night.
• Transfer between 2 and 4 trains at Crown Hts-Utica Av.
• Consider using Q trains to/from nearby stations in Flatbush.
FASTRACK has been designed around the careful determination that there is adequate alternate means of transportation, including enhanced services along some bus lines during work periods. Alternative transportation options will be detailed in announcements and posters on trains, in stations and on selected buses; brochures will be available in both English and Spanish. Information on this FASTRACK is available on the web at http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/fastrack_2.htm
Wynton Habersham, Acting Senior Vice President for the Department of Subways said “FASTRACK has proven to have a significant impact on decreasing delays – both in terms of consolidating maintenance forces in a concentrated area and in terms of proactive maintenance that improves service delivery.”
FASTRACK was introduced in January 2012, devoting four straight weeknights to perform maintenance work in tunnels, stations and on tracks, completely suspending service within a given line segment for a seven-hour period between 10 p.m. and 5 a.m.. This gives free access to the system, allowing an army of maintenance workers to perform dozens of tasks repairing and replacing components that are vital to providing safe and reliable train service without the concern of having to “clear up” to allow trains to pass. FASTRACK efforts have been highly successful in providing a safer work environment for employees and improved station conditions for customers.
During the first quarter of 2016, FASTRACK projects are scheduled for:
• January 19 to 22, and January 25 to 29 on the 2 Line. No 2 trains between Franklin Av and Flatbush Av-Brooklyn College in both directions.
• February 16 to 19, and February 22 to 26 on the 456 Lines. No 456 trains between Grand Central-42 St and Atlantic Av-Barclays Ctr in both directions.
• March 7 to 11, and March 14 to 18 on the BDFM Lines. BDFM trains will not stop at 14 St, 23 St, 34 St, 42 St, 47-50 Sts, and 57 St. D and F trains will be rerouted on the A line.
• March 28 to April 1, and April 4 to 8 on the 1 Line. No 1 trains between 96 St and Dyckman St.
• April 11 to 15, and April 25 to 29 on the 23 Lines. No 2 trains between 3 Av-149 St and 96 St. 3 service is suspended.
The most up-to-date information on MTA service status is always available at http://www.mta.info. For immediate notice of service changes, sign up for email or text alerts at www.mymtaalerts.com. For weekend subway service changes, visit www.mta.info/weekender.
xoxo Transit Blogger